On behalf of the Chemical Engineering Graduate Student (ChEGS) Symposium Committee and the Chemical Engineering Department, we would like to welcome you to the 2021 ChEGS Symposium! This year’s symposium will be held virtually on Thursday, September 23, 2021. The Symposium is a unique and exciting opportunity for engineering students, faculty, alumni, and industry sponsors to interact, disseminate knowledge and network.
The symposium will consist of a keynote lecture, research poster and oral sessions, and network opportunities with company representatives. The symposium will enable students to share their research and accomplishments, as well as review the research currently being conducted by their peers.
This symposium will be organized in Career Fair Plus (CF+). This platform will allow you to attend the event sessions and to connect with company representatives via video in pre-scheduled time slots. Please review this guide for more information on how to attend each session.
We cordially invite you to participate in this exciting event as organizers, presenters, judges or sponsors. Please do not hesitate to email us at chesymposium.umich.edu if you have any questions, comments, or would like to get involved. We look forward to meeting and welcoming you.
Accessing the Event
- Review all of the sessions at: app.careerfairplus.com/ume_mi/fair/3913
- Use the Category Filter on the left and select the filter option for the event type you are interested in.
- Networking – Company representative meetings
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- In order to enter the virtual video rooms for the sessions, you will need to sign into or create an account within Career Fair Plus
- To create an account, go to the event at app.careerfairplus.com/ume_mi/fair/3913 and click ‘Log In’ in the top right corner and then select ‘Student or Candidate”
- Complete your Profile
- It is recommended that you use your umich.edu email address.
- If you sign up for a networking session with a company, your email address will be shared with them.
- Please note that your phone number and resume (if you have one uploaded) will not be shared with anyone:
- To join the sessions, to the ChE Symposium page.
- Use the Category Filter on the left to quickly find events
- When you are ready to join a session, click ‘Ready to meet with a Recruiter? View Meetings’ and click on the CareerFair+ Video Room Link box.
- On the next page click “Book My Spot Now”, and then Yes.
- Then click the blue “JOIN MEETING” button to enter the video room.
- If you have any difficulties with the video room, please review these troubleshooting tips.
- When you are done, you can leave the room and join as many sessions as you please.