giving blueday 3.16.22
Support what you love about U-M!
This year our focus is ChE student-led symposiums – these events allow students to showcase their research and network with industry leaders and recruiters.
To support student symposiums please donate to the Chemical Engineering Impact Fund – 313420.
Students of the Department of Chemical Engineering organize symposiums that showcase their work and research every year. These programs are an opportunity for students to share their research and network with industry leaders and recruiters. In addition, the symposiums recognize students by awarding prizes for outstanding research, teaching, and community service/outreach. Donor support allows us to continue this annual tradition that highlights student excellence within our department.
As a showcase, the symposiums allow students to expand their career prospects by providing a platform for students to share their research with industry recruiters. In turn, the symposiums reinforce the department’s reputation as a source of the next generation of leaders in chemical engineering.
Your gift today will help cover the costs of our undergraduate and graduate symposiums. Our goal of $5,000 will allow our student organizers to:
- Award student prizes for outstanding research, teaching, and community service/outreach.
- Provide each student participant with presentation materials.
- Invite an influential keynote speaker to participate in a series of student programs.
- Cover venue and operational costs that provide a platform for student excellence and success.
We invite you to join us in supporting our student-led programs. Every donation helps amplify our student’s hard work and ingenuity.
MAKE A GIFT TODAY
Donors to the Department of Chemical Engineering provide students with opportunities to develop problem-solving skills that tackle the challenges of our modern world. From the future of medicine to powering a sustainable society, our graduates and researchers are engineering creative solutions that help to improve the human condition.
Ways To Give
The generosity of our alumni and friends expands access to our programs. With your help, we can ensure that our students can participate in all that Michigan offers regardless of a student’s financial capability.
Thank you for your consideration, we appreciate your support!
- Chemical Engineering Impact Fund – 313420 — Gifts to this fund allow the Department of Chemical Engineering to respond to critical needs as they arise and support dynamic programming that enhances student experiences and helps attract world-class faculty.
- Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Fund – 319715 — Support to this fund allows the Department of Chemical Engineering to address the invisible costs of an undergraduate experience like textbooks, stipends, and program fees which are often barriers to creating equitable access to higher education.
- Chemical Engineering Graduate Support Fund – 575438 — Gifts to this fund are critical for attracting the next generation of chemical engineering leaders regardless of their financial capability.
- H. Scott Fogler Undergraduate Initiatives in Chemical Engineering – 338593 — Donors to this fund honor the legacy of Professor H. Scott Fogler by supporting undergraduate initiatives that mattered most to Professor Fogler, including the department’s ChemE Car team and the department’s AIChE chapter.
For more information on supporting our students and faculty with a gift, please contact Luis Escareño, Major Giving Associate for the Department of Chemical Engineering.