Frequently Asked Questions
| Getting started | Advising questions | Academic opportunities | Support | Funding | Graduation and beyond |
- What is chemical engineering?
- How do I declare chemical engineering as my major?
- What is the Engineering Honor Code?
- Need to talk to an ChE advisor? We have a team of advisors looking forward to supporting you and working with you together this semester. Sign up for an appointment to discuss your academic & career plans and interests. Please include your academic level and a brief description of topics that you’d like to discuss, and we will connect you to a ChE advisor with the best matching expertise.
- How do I check my own audit?
- How do I drop or add a course? To see important dates, visit the Engineering Bulletin to view Undergraduate Drop/Edit Deadlines. Please discuss any questions you have about registration and enrollment with your ChE Undergraduate Advisor at email@example.com. More information can be found on the UM Office of the Registrar’s Records & Registration page.
- How do I elect a course pass/fail? Please read important information found in the Engineering bulletin to learn about pass/fail policies. More information can be found in the Student Business Help Menu. Please contact your ChE Undergraduate Advisor if you have any questions.
- How do I withdraw from all classes?
- What are the deadlines to drop/add/pass/fail or otherwise modify my courses?
- Does this course count toward my degree?
- How do I calculate my ChE GPA?
- Can I take courses at other institutions? It is important to discuss transfer credit at other institutions with your ChE Undergraduate Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org before enrolling off-campus. To learn more about the Transfer Credit Approval Process, please visit this site.
- How do I study abroad?
- How do I get into the Sequential Graduate/Undergraduate Studies program?
- What minors are available?
Student work in the department
- How do I find a job as an Instructional aide, tutor, or grader?
The department posts positions near the end of Fall and Winter term for Winter and Fall positions. Contact Lisa Clark, Undergraduate Student Advisor, at email@example.com with any questions.
- How to I find a job in a research lab?
Learn about working in research labs
- How do I find a tutor?
- How can I find a mentor or become a mentor?
- What campus mental health resources are available?
- What are my scholarship options?
- How can I get funds for my student organization for an activity?
- How can I get funds to attend a technical conference I’m presenting at?
Graduation and beyond
- How do I apply for graduation?
- Where can I find a job?
- How do I get my professional engineering license?