Funding for Travel
ChE UG Program Committee financial support of student activities – requests for funding
The Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Program Committee solicits requests from any University of Michigan student for financial support of activities that support the department’s mission of undergraduate education in chemical engineering and enhance the experience of its undergraduates
Individual student requests should consist of a brief document that includes:
- Student’s name, uniqname and ID number
- Description of projects/activities for which support is sought – Include dates, location, and website address if applicable. If presenting at a conference include title of work and type of presentation.
- Description of how the application addresses the two evaluation criteria described in the section below.
- Operating budget for the event proposed, including expenses as well as actual and proposed revenue sources.
Requests are evaluated by the Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Program Committee according to two criteria:
- To what extent does the proposed activity support the department’s mission of undergraduate education in chemical engineering?
- To what extent does the activity enhance the experience of chemical engineering undergraduates?
Requests should be received by the committee prior to the event for which funding is requested. The committee will act on all requests within one month of receipt. Requests may be submitted at any time; however, organizations should be aware that the committee’s budget allocation is received at the beginning of the academic year (September). Later in the academic year, when funds are exhausted, the committee will not be able to approve additional requests. Therefore, requests made early in the academic year have an improved chance for support.